Friday, January 21, 2011

Progress is slow, oh so slow

Another week has passed, I have done a lot of research in terms of best business formation strategies, best financing strategies etc. All in all seems like the week just flew by with very little actual progress to show. I guess I am just not very patient, I want everything to happen now :).

Anyway, I did go to a couple of real estate investor club meetings since my last post, the first one was in regards to the ins and outs of dealing with short sales. After listening to the guy presenting the process I think it is pretty clear that I need to stay away from them. They seem to take way to long and be way to inundated with people whom I have absolutely no control over. The second meeting was in regards to the current and future economic and real estate climate in Texas/Dallas Fort-Worth. The presenter was a professor from the real estate department at Texas A&M university in College Station (Dr. Jim Gaines). This was one of the best speakers I have heard in a long time, he did a fantastic job of explaining the current market, what it would take to get back to "normal" levels and what the nearest two or three years will most likely look like.

Based on the presentation by Dr. Gaines, I am more convinced then ever that now is the best time in a long time to buy and hold real estate, both from a cash-flow perspective and the access to cheap financing (low interest rates). I have hopes that after this weekend I will have at least one private lender lined up so that I can start to more seriously look at properties and make offers.

Until next time, cheers.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very informative post indeed with a lot of useful info. I hope I’ll find other posts like this in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete