Saturday, January 8, 2011

Patience is a virtue they say

A few updates on my progress so far.

I did meet with the CPA I was referred to yesterday, seems very knowledgeable and will probably be a good fit for the start of my business. I have two more CPA's to "interview" before I make any decisions.

I have also been referred to a Law firm here in Dallas that specializes in Real Estate. This Law firm has both Attorneys and Title company in the same office and a lot of the established investors use them. I will setup a initial consultation meeting with them for next week.

With regards to the banks, I am moving a lot slower then I would like on this front. Part of the reason is that I am working full time so finding times when it is mutually beneficial seems like a big hassle. One other reason is that I am trying to complete my business plan before I meet with the banks. I need the business plan to be a home-run if I am going to have any success with getting a line of credit from the banks. I do have great personal credit and cash/money-market/Stocks/401K reserves so it should not be a problem.

One of the things I have done to get the business plan to be a home-run is scheduled a meeting with one of our local score offices, this is a great resource for people looking to start or improve a business. Retired executives and professionals offering advice for free to entrepreneurs and small business owners.

I did get a lead from my marketing website yesterday, looks like a good deal on the surface but now I can't get a hold of the homeowners. Hoping they will call me back today. They own the house free and clear and need cash, 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage, they are asking 32 but I need to check and see if I can get it a little lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment